The data of subproject 3, the longitudinal study, are available for other scientists or other interested persons on https://www.redeftiedata.eu/
The longitudinal study has eight waves.
A sample of Dutch online users, representative with regard to sex, age, education level, and urban/rural area of living n = 3367 in wave 1, n = 861 who participated in all eight wave; n = 1745 in wave eight who participated in at least wave 1), were surveyed twice a year on their social media use and various indicators of social capital (e.g., resource generator, civic engagement) and well-being (e.g., stress, life satisfaction).
We focused especially on the use of
– Facebook or another platform used mainly for private purposes
– LinkedIn or another platform used mainly for professional purposes
– Twitter or another (micro-)blogging platform
Users received questions on frequency of various activities, motives, self-disclosure on the platform and network composition.
See https://www.redeftiedata.eu/concepts for the full list of variables and https://www.redeftiedata.eu/study_units for the questionnaires used in the respective waves (Dutch and English). Click here for the scale references.
These data might be interested for various researchers, e.g.:
– scholars interested in the effects of social-media use
– sociologists or other researchers interested in the relationship between social capital and demographics
– methodologists working on methods for analyzing longitudinal panel data
More information on the conditions for using the dataset can be found here:
Direct link to the registration form: